Our network

Federal low-income housing funding available | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Federal low-income housing funding available

TRACY - The City of Tracy anticipates receiving 2011-2012 federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the general purpose of assisting low and moderate income persons by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and for expanding economic opportunity.

The City estimates that its fiscal year 2011-2012 entitlement of federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds will be approximately $439,330. Activities eligible for CDBG funding include:

1) Property acquisition for clearance, rehabilitation or preservation;
2) construction of public improvements and facilities;
3) removal of architectural barriers to assist the elderly or handicapped;
4) housing rehabilitation;
5) planning and administrative costs;
6) public services;
7) economic development; and
8) neighborhood revitalization.

To be considered for funding, proposed eligible activities must meet one of HUD's National objectives: benefit to low income persons, address a slum or blighted condition or address an urgent need (life, health, safety) and, one of the CDBG local objectives adopted by the Board of Supervisors:

1) Housing and neighborhood preservation including new housing opportunities;
2) economic development through job retention and creation activities;
3) public infrastructure and facilities limited to the support of objectives #1 and #2;
4) elimination of blight and blighting elements limited to the support of objectives #1 and #2;
5) special programs offering significant community benefit, or addressing a community urgent need, in direct support of objectives #1 and #2.

Further, readiness criteria will be used by staff while reviewing all applications for potential funding. If it is not apparent that the prospective subrecipient can obligate the requested funding within six (6) months of funding availability, the application will not be considered for funding.

The city also estimates that its fiscal year 2011-2012 entitlement of federal HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funds will approximate $151,999. The city will allocate these funds to general housing activity types to include: homeowner construction and rehabilitation, and first-time homebuyer assistance.

An application for CDBG, or HOME funds can be obtained from the City of Tracy Economic Development Department at 324 East 11th Street, Suite D, Tracy, CA 95376 or by calling (209) 831-6492, or at the city’s website under Documents on the Economic Development page.

Return completed applications by 6 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011 to the Economic Development Department, City of Tracy, 333 Civic Center Drive, Tracy, CA 95376.


Manteca / Tracy / Ripon Deals